Join Our Team
Cedar Falls Community Credit Union is seeking talented individuals who are motivated to serve our members in the best way possible. We take pride in providing our members with a comfortable and caring environment to make them feel at home, just like they’re family.
CFCCU provides employees with opportunities to help support their pursuit of a meaningful career. We want each and every employee to feel they have the necessary tools to be successful and exceed at everything they do. If you’re looking into changing careers or for professional growth we may have an opportunity for you!
Come grow with us!
Provide information on credit union products and services to members in accordance with credit union policies and procedures and state and Federal rules and regulations. Responsible for interviewing and evaluating applicants for loans and processing various loan applications, gathering background information and analyzing applicants’ credit-worthiness. Approve or deny loan requests based on analysis, operating with substantial credit authority.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather background information on loan applicants by interviewing applicants and obtaining credit bureau reports, either in person, on-line, or by telephone.
- Assist members with the loan application process to ensure completeness of information.
- Perform standard analysis on information acquired: verification of debts, debt-to-income ratios, levels of secured and unsecured debts, etc.
- Determine collateral needs and payment plans for applicants. Determine need for and/or eligibility of co-maker. Evaluate collateral values and calculate secured/unsecured credit levels, ascertaining correct interest rates for various loan products.
- Approve or deny loan applications.
- Explain reasons for denial in a professional, courteous manner. Work with member to provide alternative options or recommendations for ways to overcoming problems, to qualify for future approvals.
- Complete loan documents, close, fund, and disburse loans when approved.
- Implement new loan products and services in accordance with management direction.
- Cross-sell lending and other credit union products.
- Contact and visit prospective members, dealers, brokers, realtors, or SEGs to present information on available lending services, including Member Business Loans, Real Estate Loans, Consumer Loans, etc.
- Perform all other tasks necessary for the smooth operation of the Loan Department, including filing, following up on Titles and Insurance, Paid off Loans, etc.
- Ensure that all transactions and service comply with the requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering and OFAC and are in compliance with credit union policy.