Join Our Team
Cedar Falls Community Credit Union is seeking talented individuals who are motivated to serve our members in the best way possible. We take pride in providing our members with a comfortable and caring environment to make them feel at home.
CFCCU provides employees with opportunities to help support their pursuit of a meaningful career. We want each and every employee to feel they have the necessary tools to be successful and exceed at everything they do. If you’re looking into changing careers or for professional growth we may have an opportunity for you!
Come grow with us!
Follow detailed and standardized procedures in performing routine accounting clerical operations. Assist with a variety of duties related to the accounting function within the credit union.
- Associate’s degree in accounting.
- 1-2 years of accounting experience (in a financial institution preferred).
- Microsoft Office Suite – proficiency in Excel required.
- Analytical and problem-solving are required.
- Detail-oriented required.
- Process improvement & documentation are preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform a variety of activities to assist the manager in maintaining the financial, statistical, and accounting records of the credit union.
- Assist with the preparation of various financial, regulatory, and special reports on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis as requested by management.
- Reconcile Corporate Credit Card statements and corporate deposit account statements.
- Post general ledger entries, and proof totals with the general ledger system.
- Review and reconcile general ledger accounts, (i.e., ATM Network, Shared Branching, and other clearing GL Accounts).
- Record fixed asset and prepaid expense subaccounts and run depreciation/expense jobs monthly.
- Journalize all necessary transactions and make sure everything is in balance.
- Review and enter employee expenses into the general ledger.
- Prepare accounts payable checks after receiving proper authorization.
- Enter data into accounting systems and generate reports on a daily basis.
- File and maintain all necessary accounting records.
- Assist with month-end accrual and closing entries.
- Assist with process improvement and documentation.
- Batch checks in numerical order, indicating missing stubs.
- Assist the department in gathering appropriate documentation requested by external auditors.
- Assist with wiring money to/from Federal Reserve, verifying outgoing wires, and reconciling Federal Reserve Account.
- Maintain working knowledge of various account software programs.
"*" indicates required fields